2018 DESERTHEAT TRYOUTS
HIGH SCHOOL & MIDDLE SCHOOL
Desert Heat provides Arizona players a competitive club experience that focuses on mastering lacrosse skills, physical fitness, recruiting and character, all of which we value in the pursuit of trying to get recruited to play lacrosse in college.
BLACK Team members play at the highest level of competition and focus on the recruiting process to play at the NCAA DI, DII and DIII. Tournament participation is REQUIRED to be on the BLACK team.
WHITE & ORANGE teams focus are to elevate their overall game with aspirations to play NCAA DIII and/or WCLA Club lacrosse. Although tournament play is HIGHLY recommended, it is not a requirement, players not able to attend tournaments can still join DHL and practice with the Orange and South teams. You can join the Orange team at any point of the year/season.
BLACK | WHITE | ORANGE
- 2018 TRYOUTS:
- High School: Monday Sept 17 + Wednesday 19th at Kiva from 7-9pm
- Middle School: Tuesday Sept 18th at Kiva from 7-9pm
- Players not able to attend tryouts will be placed on the Orange team until the coaching staff has had an opportunity to fairly evaluate each player. Please communicate with the program Director(s) if you WILL NOT be able to attend tryouts on June 5th. (email@example.com)
- Tryouts and/or evaluations will determine what team you will be on: BLACK = Elite, WHITE = Swing players/Intermediate or ORANGE = Developmental/Beginner
- EVERYONE MAKES A TEAM! ALL PLAYERS WELCOME!
- It's never to late to join. Post tryouts you will be placed on the Orange team until further evaluation: See Dynamic Rosters.
- South players are encouraged to tryout for the Black teams. Upon making the Black or White team you will be required to attend at least ONE north practice per week to be apart of either MS or HS Black teams.
We accept ANY and ALL players! New players joining DHL during throughout the year -- after tryouts have happened -- will be rostered on the Orange team. ALL players have the opportunity to work hard to be pulled up to BLACK throughout the year. See below under Dynamic Rosters.
FAQ's about Tryouts
DHL accepts ALL lacrosse players looking to improve their game. The BLACK team is not for everyone. Anyone not interested or not ready to play on the BLACK team will be placed on the Orange or South team(s) depending on where you live.
Yes, you can practice with DHL and NOT attend tournaments if you choose. - this will be indicated in your seasonal dues registrations.
**Can I make the BLACK TEAM later? Yes, you can always work to make the BLACK team later in the season. See notes below under: DYNAMIC ROSTERS.
**If I am a SOUTH player and want to attend NORTH practices can I? YES! Upon making a Black team any reistered South player will be required to attend at least ONE north practice per week to be apart of either MS or HS Black teams.
It is important to us that everyone understands that rosters are NEVER final! If you are not initially listed on the BLACK roster (and are listed on Orange) do NOT worry. We believe in rewarding hard work! If you continue to work hard and progress as a player we can and will move you up during the season and/or event(s)! #strivehigh #workhard #killit
Conversely, your spot on the BLACK team is NEVER secure! You have earned it but you need to continue to work hard to keep it! #nevergiveup #fightuntilthend #yougotit
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL PLAYERS!